8 - 10 years
Posted 261 days ago
(1) Performing as an advanced software engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advanced technical knowledge resource and critical asset focused on designing, engineering, implementing, deploying, and supporting global, state of the art, enterprise grade, big data, industry leading applications and solutions;
(2) Mentoring less experienced development engineering staff and mentoring, coaching, and providing advanced knowledge transfer;
(3) Identifying and monitoring metrics around the code development and deployment process;
(4) Leading global Agile development initiatives;
(5) Leading significant and advanced global Big Data and cloud based initiatives;
(6) Leading the successful adaptation of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Pipeline (CP) automated software delivery process;
(7) Identifying opportunity for process and performance improvement, with an eye on consistent and proactive ?raising of the bar? on development standards, policies, procedures, methodology, and quality;
(8) Continuously collaborating in the introduction of development and engineering best practices as well as evangelizing on emerging technologies and industry direction to impact the future of technology and strategy selection, implementation, adaptation, and lifecycle management;
(9) Global vendor management.
MUST have 7+ years STRONG/CURRENT software engineering with 4+ years of STRONG/CURRENT DATA/SQL development in a UNIX or LINUX environment with a STRONG experience with data science toolsets (R, Python, etc.).
MUST have 3+ years of STRONG/CURRENT streaming and batch big datatechnologies (Hadoop, EMR, Kafka, Map/Reduce, Spark, Flink, etc.) and cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.).
MUST have 3+ years of STRONG/CURRENT scripting (Perl, Shell, Python, etc.) experience AND 3+ years of STRONG/CURRENT deployment and configuration tools (Chef, Docker, etc.).
MUST have STRONG and current or recent Java development skills/experience.