Role: Big Data Technical Architect
Location: Arden Hills, MN
Duration: 12 months contract or Perm position (Anyone)
Interview process: 2-3 interview rounds. Mostly skype interview
This particular project is focused on structured and unstructured data to solve a business problem.
A background in Java is strongly needed and to be able to architect in Scala/Spark.
- Produce artifacts in support of Big Data reference architecture advocacy and implementation, including authoring documentation, and presentations/diagrams for dissemination to technical and business audiences.
- Experience designing and building complex, high performance platforms to supportBig Data ingestion, curation and analytics.
- Stay abreast of and evaluate emerging big datatechnologies.
- Develop and publish technology standards, such as use of Hadooptechnologies.
- Translate user requirements into effective big data solution architectures.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Big DataArchitecture, Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytic, or Data Science implementations.
- Experience in designing and implementing big data management solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing solutions based upon big data platform technologies (e.g. Cloudera, HortonWorks).
- At least 5 years of experience in Big Data Components/Frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.
- Ability to work closely with users and translating user requirements into solution designs.
- Demonstrated success facilitating design workshops and influencing others.