The Linux guru – Big Data Systems Support Engineer will also configure and deploy large, complex clustered systems, calling for an ability to quickly grasp client-specific IT environment needs and adapt deployment to suit, including developing an advanced understanding of the general business requirements supported by the Dtex solution. The successful individual will also work closely with the development team and will have the opportunity to have a high level of impact for many years to come. The Linux guru – Big Data Systems Support Engineer must be a team player as well as an individual contributor. Whether working independently or as part of a team, the individual in this role must be able to successfully complete deliverables and meet or beat expectations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Linux System Administrator, NOC Engineer, DevOps Engineer, level-3/tier-3 support engineer or developer of application(s) on clustered Linux servers.
- Strong Linux knowledge, including networking and security domains
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, e.g. postgresql, ElasticSearch
- Excel at working directly with customers to plan and perform new installations/upgrades/migrations, then maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
- Proficient in at least one programming and scriptinglanguage, e.g. python
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from deployment, maintenance, and scaling perspectives
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Deep understanding of any of RHEL/CentOS, Elasticsearch, complex distributed computing, data flow statistics, monitoring
- Experience configuring and maintaining big data solutions
- BS / MS Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to documentation
- Experience working in start-up environments and worldwide teams