The Big Data SA is responsible for understanding, qualifying and estimating new business opportunities from a technology perspective, supporting proposal and SOW generation, making presentations, and leading and contributing directly to client solution delivery. Typically, he/she performs the following: assessment, definition and planning of enterprise, solution and component data analytics architecture and technology; hands-on role in crafting and executing technical proof-of-concept initiatives; and leadership of solution design and engineering teams. The Big Data SA is also a key leader and mentor for Clarity Insights technical consultants at all levels, assembling and managing high performance client and internal teams, and contributing to the development of individual, Practice, and Clarity Insights technical capabilities.
Successful candidates have significant expertise and leadership experience with enterprise-class data analytics technology and solutions in the Healthcare payor or provider space.
As a key Clarity, SA, and technical data analytics leader, the Big Data SA establishes effective, collaborative working relationships with Clarity executives, Practice Leaders, Engagement Managers, and Senior Business Analysts, and with Capability Leaders and consultants across our core delivery competencies including Advanced Analytics, Information Delivery, Data Engineering, Data Management, Business Data Analysis, Program and Project Management, and Methodologies.
A career at Clarity Insights is different—our people and culture (we are a "consultants' consulting company"), our relentless client service commitment, and our specialization in data analytics—set us apart. We have the data analytics expertise and scale to compete with the largest systems integration firms, and yet still provide the nimble, focused, bespoke experience of a boutique.
- Build fully satisfied, reference-able client relationships, and actively contribute to the positive reputation of Clarity among prospects and in the market
- Assemble and lead collaborative, high-performing technical teams in business development and delivery situations
- Create high quality technical content for introductory presentations, proposals, Statements of Work, deliverables, and other client and market-facing content
- Assist with business development activities that produce client/project wins and revenue growth
- Support the profitability (direct revenue and expenses) of client engagements in accordance with client commitments and internal policies and rules
- Appropriately leverage and protect Clarity intellectual property in business development and delivery
- Play a valuable technical leadership role(s) in client solution delivery, including leading the client team's technical delivery performance, identifying and responding to technical delivery extension/expansion opportunities, and actively managing the client relationship and expectations
- Achieve an annual utilization target
- Mentor technical employees and contribute to their individual development, and lead performance management processes for technical delivery teams
- Continuously learn about clients, target market segments, and data analytics business and technology trends, and effectively communicate/share information with colleagues
- Participate regularly in effective technical recruiting, candidate interviewing, and employee on-boarding activities
- Build, cultivate, and curate Clarity intellectual property that contributes to business development and client delivery performance
- Assist others in achieving business development and client delivery goals by providing leads, content, peer review, qualified client references, and other sharing that promotes success
- Publishing content and/or creating and delivering presentations that effectively promote the Clarity brand
- Actively participate in and support organizational development and process improvement initiatives
- Constructively share ideas, observations, and evaluations that could contribute to Clarity's client, people, and business goals
- Bachelors Degree and 7+years of work experience
- Minimum 7 years of recent, progressive experience and demonstrable technical expertise in enterprise-class data analytics solutions and services
- Minimum 4 years of recent, progressive experience and demonstrable expertise in Healthcare payor or provider industries
- Minimum 4 years of recent, progressive experience in technical consulting leadership roles
- Minimum 2 years of recent leadership experience in enterprise-class data analytics architecture, including enterprise and solution architecture assessment/definition, and significant depth in two or more data analytics solution architecture components (i.e., data management, data integration, information delivery, and/or advanced analytics)
- Technical expertise/experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating innovative data analytic technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, R, and other open source and proprietary data analytics platforms and tools
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating cloud infrastructure-, platform-, and/or software as a service (particularly data analytic solutions on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms and service providers)
- Experience in core business system (e.g., new deposit/lending systems, or new policy admin/claims systems) transformation programs, with a focus on related changes in data analytics architecture, engineering, and business capabilities
- A strong understanding of market-leading data analytic technology platforms, roles, and trends
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience estimating technical solution builds, and contributing to custom proposals, responses to Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, advisory deliverables, and executive-level presentations
- Recent work references related to industry and data analytics architecture, technology, and design/engineering leadership expertise
- Ability to travel and work away from home 80% (on average during the work week) at client and/or Clarity office locations across the East, Central and/or West regions of the U.S.
- Travel to the client on a weekly basis is required. Normal weekly schedule is M-TH travel to client location (U.S. based)
Qualifications in one or more the following areas are a plus:
- Certifications in and/or deep expertise with market-leading, enterprise-class data analytics platforms
- Expertise/experience with Agile project delivery methodology for software development
- Completion of an M.S/M.B.A. degree, particularly in an industry-related or technical data analytics-related program