Currently we are looking for a Big Data Solution Architect for our Boston, MA office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is looking to build and strengthen ourBig Data Solution Architects teams across the country. Our ideal candidate will possess skills that make him/her a subject matter expert in variousBig Datatechnologies and data science. This role will entailarchitecture analysis, design, client management, andotherskills.
- Develop proposals for implementation and design of scalable big dataarchitecture;
- Participate in customer’s workshops and presentation of the proposed solution;
- Participate in designing, development, or maintenance of a distributed application;
- Design, implement, and deploy high-performance, custom applications at scale on Hadoop;
- Define and develop networkinfrastructure solutions to enable partners and clients to scale NoSQL and relational databasearchitecture for growing demands and traffic;
- Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for data acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis;
- Develop roadmaps and implementation strategy around data science initiatives including recommendation engines, predictive modeling, and machine learning;
- Review and audit of the existing solution, design and system architecture;
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of the existing solutions;
- Create technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of programming and scriptinglanguages such as Java, Python, or Scala;
- Experience with major Big Datatechnologies and frameworks including but not limited to Hadoop, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Hive, Kafka, Apache Flink, Flume, ZooKeeper, HBase, MongoDB, and Cassandra;
- Experience with Big Data solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, or Google Cloud;
- Experience in client-driven large-scale implementation projects;
- Data Science and Analytics experience is a plus (Machine Learning, Recommendation Engines, Search Personalization, Deep Learning);
- Technical team leading and team management experience, deep understanding of Agile (Scrum), RUP programming process;
- Strong experience in applications design, development, and maintenance;
- Solid knowledge of design patterns, refactoring concepts, unit tests, and CI/CD;
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis;
- Solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills;
- Expertise in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design;
- Fluent verbal and written English;
- Possibility to travel up to 50%.