At GEICO, we’re about more than just insurance. Technology is at the core of everything we do, which means you’ll get to work on innovative and influential tech projects in a successful company. Our associates are top-notch tech pros who are changing people’s lives – just ask Forrester and Dynatrace-Keynote who’ve awarded our teams with top honors.
Our company culture is simple to sum up, it’s all about giving our customers the very best. And, we know that the best way to do that is by giving our associates that crucial edge to succeed. Our team leaders and managers truly believe in the power of mentorship, and we host a number of monthly professional certification classes and user groups to keep your skills sharp.
The Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) team is seeking a driven Systems Analyst to work on the Single View of the Customer (SVOC) initiative. The SVOC project will focus on leveraging Big Data and new models to significantly improve personalization and customization for our customers. At the same time, SVOC will enable GEICO to optimize our internal processes to make our systems substantially more efficient.
So, how are we going to do this? The SVOC system will integrate with a large number of GEICO applications and will ultimately help make nearly all of our systems "smarter". And that’s where you come in – as a member of the GEICO DSaT team, you’ll:
- Lead discovery processes with functional stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcome
- Coordinate with a variety of Business and IT departments to facilitate the integration of Single View of Customer into business processes and applications
- Maintain the Product Backlog, User Stories & feature prioritization list
- Identify data engineering and data services requirements, maintain security policies, document metadata, and confirm data governance policies
- Elicit and translate high level business requirements into detailed system requirements
- Perform functional testing, evaluate metrics and insights, and measure performance levels
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Experience in documenting business process flows, sequence diagrams, system interaction charts, business and system requirements, processes, and test plans
- Understanding of Web Services, APIs, and Application Integration points
- Ability to perform profiling, analysis, and mapping of logical and physical attributes
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL
- Proven project management experience leading projects/initiatives
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Passion to innovate
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience.
Let us know if you’ve also got experience with:
- Scrum methodologies
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including: