Our client is a global investment bank, they are currently seeking a Big DataProgrammer to join their Client Intelligence Technology team in Jersey City, NJ. This team manages various strategic platforms which sources data, analyse it and redistributes complex analytics pertaining to client profitability. This candidate must focus on hands on development and support on Wholesale Client Profitability applications using big datatechnologies, primarily Hadoop, Spark and Vertica.
- Development for Vertica, Hadoop, Spark and Informatica
- Putting In right practices for SDLC including code reviews, pair programming etc.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs.
- Working closely with operate team's, understanding DevOps practices and aligning releases accordingly
- Testing prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Facing business teams from time to time post releases and answering questions on data and releaseschedules
- Documenting requirement
- 10+ years experience in the field of Technology development
- 3+ years of experience working on Big Data platforms
- Hands-on experience on Vertica, Informatica, Hadoop, Spark
- Strong working knowledge of relational as well as columnar databases (Oracle/vertica)
- Good understanding of financial concepts including Balance Sheets, P&L Statements and Ratios and financial products
- Strong scriptingexperience including Shell/Perl and Python.
- Experience with MS office (powerpoint, Excel, Word and Visio)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information and computer Science