Do you want to work with an industry leading MPP analytics platform founded by Turing Award winner Dr. Michael Stonebraker with customers such as Facebook, Uber, AT&T, Cerner, Dreamworks, and Intuit?
Join our dynamic sales engineering team who are responsible for breaking down the technical barriers adopting the Vertica platform and focused on being the trusted advisor to our customers.
You are a self-starter and love solving challenging data, analytics, or machine learning problems in a customer facing position.
You will partner with a world class engineering and sales team, wear many hats, and make an immediate impact.
You will be a hands-on customer facing technologist and not just be doing slideware.
- Communicate and demonstrate the Vertica story, vision, and technology to prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to show value throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to solution architecture to customer success
- Continuously learn quickly evolving technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Machine Learning
- Become the voice of our customers internally and collaborate cross-functionally to continuously improve
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key decision makers & influencers within an organization
- Experience with Databases or Big Datatechnologies
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a white-board or using presentations and demos
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Have the chops to learn new technologies quickly in the dynamic big data and analytics space
Job ID 7001182