The Data Analytics Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Contributes to data analytics standards around which others will operate.
- Applies in-depth understanding of how data analytics collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function.
- Employs developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Resolves occasionally complex and highly variable issues.
- Produces detailed analysis of issues where the best course of action is not evident from the information available, but actions must be recommended/ taken.
- Responsible for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of data science projects along with short-term planning resource planning.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years experience using codes for statistical modeling of large data sets
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- 8+ years of experience with Hadoop (Cloudera) or Cloud Technologies Expert level building pipelines using Apache Beam or Spark Familiarity with core provider services from AWS, Azure or GCP, preferably having supported deployments on one or more of these platforms
- Advanced knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies Hands-on experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Kudu, Solr)
- Proficient in programming in Java or Python with prior Apache Beam/Spark experience a plus.
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in other open-sources like Druid, Elastic Search, Logstash etc is a plus
- Knowledge of agile(scrum) development methodology is a plus
- Strong development/automation skills
- System level understanding - Data structures, algorithms, distributed storage & compute
- Can-do attitude on solving complex business problems, good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Angular.JS 4 Development and React.JS Development expertise in a up to date Java Development Environment with Cloud Technologies
- Exposure and/or development experience in Microservices Architectures best practices, Java Spring Boot Framework (Preferred), Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience around REST APIs, services, and API authentication schemes
- Knowledge in RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Knowledge of modern CI/CD, TDD, Frequent Release Technologies and Processes (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins)
- Exposure to mobile programming will be a plus.