We are looking for Big Data Lead for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Big Data Lead
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Years of exp- 10 years
- Primary Skills: Apache NiFi, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Apache Atlas, Hive, HDFS, HBase and Spark (Hortonworks HDP and HDF preferred).
- Lead Big Dataengineering team with specialization on data ingestion (from 100+ source systems in batch and near real-time), egestion and governance.
- Participate in collaborative software and system design and development of the new NCR Data Lake on Hortonworks HDP and HDF distributions.
- Manage own learning and contribute to technical skill building of the team.
- Inspire and cultivate the engineering mindset and systems thinking.
- Gain deep technical expertise in the data movement patterns, practices and tools.
- Play active role in Big Data Communities of Practice.
- Put the minimal system needed into production.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Good understanding of distributed computing and big dataarchitectures.
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess.
- Proven experience in developing Big Data solutions in Hadoop Ecosystem using Apache NiFi, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Apache Atlas, Hive, HDFS, HBase and Spark (Hortonworks HDP and HDF preferred).
- Experience with at least one of the leading CDC (Change Data Capture) tools like Informatica PowerCenter.
- Development experience with at least one NoSQL database. HBase or Cassandra preferred.
- Polyglot development (4-5 years+): Capable of developing in Java and Scala with good understanding of functional programming, SOLID principles and, concurrency models and modularization.
- DevOps: Appreciates the CI and CD model and always builds to ease consumption and monitoring of the system. Experience with Maven (or Gradle or SBT) and Git preferred.
- Experience in Agile development including Scrum and otherlean techniques.
- Should believe in You Build! You Ship! And You Run! Philosophy.
- Personal qualities such as creativity, tenacity, curiosity, and passion for deep technical excellence.
- Experience with Big Data migrations/transformations programs in the Data Warehousing and/or Business Intelligence areas.
- Experience with ETL tools like Talend, Pentaho, Attunity etc.
- Knowledge of Teradata, Netezza etc.
- Good grounding in NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra, Neo4j etc.
- Strong knowledge on computer algorithms.
- Experience with workload orchestration and automation tools like Oozie, Control-M etc.
- Experience in building self-contained applications using Docker, Vagrant. Chef.