Position Specific Description
At NextEra Energy, we are taking our enterprise data to the next level. We are looking for a Principle Data Engineering Lead to join our growing team of data and analytics team. The hire will be responsible for and supervise a team of developers to create the frameworks and systems to provision data into corporate data lake and enterprise data platform (EDP), building REST/API services, enable business data insights and optimize our data visualization and analytics applications. In this role, the candidate will work primarily with AWS data storage, data store technology stacks and various analytics tool. The ideal candidate is an experienced data engineer, and hands on data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will work in a cutting edge team of data engineers and scientists on data initiatives. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
You will be adding value by hands on as well as supervise a team of developers to design and write scripts and processes that manage the data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating of data. You will also drive efficiencies by working with application vendors for issue resolution and provides technical leadership to his/her team and customers. You will use your solutions-oriented approach and high work ethic, along with excellent communication and process management skills, to mentor internal customers and teammates on datalake technology and data modeling practices.
This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient
• Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
• Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
• Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
• Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed
• Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
• Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:7+ years.