$100K — $150K *
• University degree in Computer Science or similar
• Strong OOP and Design patterns knowledge
• 5+ years of commercial development experience including Java or Scala
• 2+ years experience with Spark and Hive including understanding on how these technologies work under the hood
• Strong experience in distributed Big Data processing (batch/offline,Terabytes and more)
• Experience with AWS
• Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices
• Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Good English (oral & written)
• Ability to learn quickly
• Experience working in Agile environment
Would be a plus:
• Python development experience
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
• Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
• Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
• Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
• Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
• Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
• Reports about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
• Responsible for resolving crisis situations within his/her AOR.
• Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
• Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
• Collaborates with other teams.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 6-8 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Valid through: 4/2/2021