Big Data Engineer
Our client is a financial services, data and multiformat media company, highly respected in the market for its leading data, managed services, analytics and equitytrading platforms.
They are currently looking for a Big Data Engineer in New York, working with Apache Kafka, Hadoop and HBase.
You will join the team in order to give users flexible and powerful solutions to data queries across over a trillion searchable data points.
You will make key recommendations with regards to architecture, processes and best practices of the system. Core responsibilities will include research, development and guaranteeing the stability of this platform, which will be integrated within a business-critical unit.
· Develop highly scalable, fault-tolerant software solutions
· Build a configurable, operational software system
· Adapt multiple technologies to develop across the company
· Enforce a balance between innovation and time-to-market
· Understand the core business needs in order to guarantee that the best solutions are selected.
· 5 or more years of experience programming enterprise solutions in Java/Scala
· 3+ years of experience with Apache Kafka, Spark, HBase or any other widely recognized big datatechnologies
· Excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, OO design and multi-threading
· Experienceworking with high-volume, low latency distributed systems, prioritizing high availability and real-time use cases