Are you hungry for a challenge?
You’ll need that appetite as an engineer on the Digital Ad Ratings team at Nielsen because we work in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced industry. We measure tens of thousands of advertising campaigns with billions of ads served to consumers on phones, tablets, computers, and internet streaming devices every day. The data sets that we deal with are stunning in their size, and pose enormous challenges in collecting, handling, analyzing, and storing so much information. We have an immediate opening for a talented engineer to join our backend team and help scale our rapidly growing systems and team.
Who are we?
- Arthur C. Nielsen founded the company in 1923 with a goal of helping companies measure their sales and better understand the consumers that drove them. From retail sales and consumer purchase measurement to Radio and Television measurement, Nielsen is the original big data company. Digital consumer measurement is the latest chapter in our rich measurement history
- We are the provider of the Web’s primary measurement platform for brand advertising (a $83B industry in 2017 and growing quickly). Some of our customers: Procter & Gamble, Facebook, Hulu, GroupM, and Roku
- Strong strategic technology partnerships with Facebook, Google, Adobe, and others set our measurement products apart from any others in the industry
- A world-class group of people and work environment located in Tampa, Florida
- An open-minded and innovative engineering team and environment. We use many of the latest open-source software, frameworks, tools, and cloud computing services
What kind of engineer are we looking for?
- Actual experience (3+ years) working with Hadoop and related frameworks like Spark (experience with other NoSQL tools like Pig, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, and Infobright are good too)
- Strong objected-oriented skills as a Java (or equivalent) developer (5+ years)
- Experience working in and a fundamental understanding of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem (EMR, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.) is a big plus
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent (MS or Phd a plus)
- A ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do