Big Data Engineer
Fulltime / Permanent Position
Location: Dallas, TX and NATIONWIDE
* Perform data engineering, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications
* Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings; bring these insights and best practices
* Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets including those from IoT and streaming data
* Construct big data pipelines, both real-time and batch
* Implement data access and processing frameworks.
* Support data users, data scientists, and analytic applications
* Cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
o Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera, Hortonworks
o Big Data Analytic frameworks and query tools such as Spark, Storm, Hive, HBase, Impala, Hue
o Streaming data tools and techniques such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Microsoft Streaming Analytics, StreamSets, StreamAnalytixs
* ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools such as Pentaho, Talend, Informatica); also experience with ELT
* Infrastructure setup using things like Kubernetes, Docker
* Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD)
o Data Warehouse and DataMart design and implementation
o NoSQL environments such as MongoDB, Cassandra
o Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big Data
o Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured Data techniques and processes
* Over 10 years of engineering and/or software development experience and demonstrable experience in a large organization.
* Experience should contain 5+ years of experience of data engineering (ETL and Big Data) pipelines, both real-time and batch
* 5+ years of consulting experiencedesired
* 3+ years of hands-on experience developing in Big Data Components/Frameworks including: Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, Storm, HBase, Pig, Hive, Scala, Kafka, PyScripts, Unix Shell scripts
* 3+ years of hands-on experience configuring and implementing solutions on cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
* Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
* Experience in implementation of large and highly complex projects
* History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering teams
* 5+ years experience in one of the following business domains: Manufacturing, Cable/Telecom, Finance and Supply Chain
Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms