You will lead greenfield big data engineering projects on a high growth team. You will be responsible for architecting and building highly-performant and maintainable data infrastructure, working with best-in-class technologies and processes and partnering with the teams that manage our AI platform. You’ll be responsible for designing new methods for ensuring the validity and quality of the company’s datasets, and you’ll help develop systems that accurately monitor and measure the impact of releases to our production systems. In the first month, you’ll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our data infrastructure and our roadmap with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- share responsibility for data infrastructure with members of your team.
- help to plan new infrastructure features and improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our data platform strategy.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- own an area of the data platform, depending on your interests
- design and implement pipelines that impact multiple teams across the company.
- be influential in helping plan the next iteration of our data platforms.
- bring new ideas to our engineering and analytics processes to help us continuously improve.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements.