ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole. You will contribute by:
- Implementing scalable, fault tolerant and accurate ETL pipelines that work in a distributed Hadoop environment.
- Developing platform services to operate the big data applications at scale.
- Gathering and processing raw data at scale from diversified sources into Hadoop.
- Building enterprise business analytics and reporting applications on Hadoop.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Proven experience working with various components of Hadoop ecosystem: Spark, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Oozie
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL queries (MySQL, Oracle or similar)
- Understanding of how to handle high velocity, high volume data events.
- Understanding of factors affecting performance of ETL processes and SQL queries, ability to work on performance tuning.
- Experience implementing data pipelines moving large volumes of data a day.
- Experience in implementing application in Scala on SPARK.
- Experience coding in Python
- Skills in real-time streaming applications.
- Knowledge of Scala.
- A development workflow using Docker containers.
- Compulsion for automating your day-to-day processes.
OUR TECH STACK
- Ruby, Java, Python, and React.js
- Hadoop, Scala, Spark, Hive
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka
- PostgreSQL, NoSQL