At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our DAI practice(Big Data practice):
DATA is the most happening place at Perficient. DATA @ Perficient encompasses Enterprise, Master and Big Data (open source and vendor products), Discovery & Data Science. Perficient has been in this market for over 19 years and has delivered multi-million dollar projects for companies in healthcare, finance, energy and retail, to name a few. Working with this team is exciting, rewarding and educational.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Technical Consultant in our National Big Data Practice. Applicants can live anywhere as long as they are willing to travel on a weekly bassis, Monday - Thursday. Perficient does cover all travel related expenses including weekly flights, weekly hotels, meals, rental car, cell phone, etc.
As a Big DataDeveloper, you will be filling the role of a hands-on AWS Cloud Platform engineer for the Data practice that focuses on analytics within Perficient. For our Data practice, we are looking for someone who has the necessary technical expertise as well as adept understanding to for working within the solution and maintenance of big data cloud solutions. Working within this type of role requires you have a strong understanding of code development lifecycles including requirements gathering, designing, and developing products for a final solution. In addition, we are looking for someone with a background in Agile DevOps, story-telling, prototyping, and sprint deployments.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level
- End-to-End Cloud Data Solutioning and data stream design, experience with tools of the trade: Hadoop, Spark,Storm, Hive, Pig, AWS (EMR, Redshift, S3, etc.)/Azure (HD Insight) and Data Lake Design
- Build Large Scale, Fault Tolerance Systems with components of scalability, and high data throughput with tools like Kafka, Storm, Flink, and Spark, and NoSQL platforms like HBase and DataStax
- Build NoSQL solutions and capacity for understanding Graph, Key Value, Tuple Store, Columnar Memory, and in-memory functionality
- 3+ years of experience in End-to-End Cloud Data Solutioning and data stream design, experience with tools of the trade: Hadoop, Storm, Hive, Pig, AWS (EMR, Redshift, S3, etc.)/Azure (HD Insight) and Data Lake Design
- 3+ years of experience in Large Scale, Fault Tolerance Systems with components of scalability, and high data throughput with tools like Kafka, Storm, Flink, and Spark, and NoSQL platforms like HBase and DataStax
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing hosted big dataarchitecture, toolkit familiarity in: Hadoop with Oozie, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume, HBase, Avro, HBase, Parkequet, Storm, Spark, NiFi
- 3+ years of experience in Data Queue and Transactional management using tools like Kafka and ZooKeeper
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL solutions and capacity for understanding Graph, Key Value, Tuple Store, Columnar Memory, and in-memory functionality
- 2+ years of experience with Team Foundation Server/JIRA/GitHub and other code management toolsets
- Strong hands-on knowledge of/using solutioning languages like: Java, Scala, Ruby, Perl, Python
- Hands-on experience with DevOps solutions like: Jenkins, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Azure CloudFormation, Docker and MicroServices architectures
- Operations support with a solid understanding of release, incident, and change management
- Need someone who is a self-starter and team player, capable of working with a team of strategists, co-developers, and business/data analysts
- Participate and lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates Ability to learn and develop skills as needed to support services outside of this job description and prove with prior examples
- Hands-on experience with DevOps solutions like: Puppet, Cloudformation, Docker and some microservices
- Familiarity with ETL and data transfer technologies like Talend, Informatica, SnapLogic and/or Nifi
- Ability to work as a collaborative team, mentoring and training the junior team members
- Working knowledge on building and working on/around data governance standards
- Passion for working with open-source technologies as well as commercialized platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3+ years relevant experience or equivalent.
- Preferred certification in any Big Datatechnology
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digitalexperience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an award-winning Premier Level IBM Business Partner, a Microsoft National Service Provider and Gold Certified Partner, an Oracle Platinum Partner, an Adobe Business Solution Partner, and a Salesforce Platinum Consulting Partner.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Job ID 2017-3529