Big Data Developer
Our client is one of the world's largest banking and financial services groups.
They are looking for a Big DataDeveloper in Jersey City, NJ.
You will be contributing to a large data project, taking in trader data from over a dozen automated sources along with other ad hoc sources. The role will involve designing powerful APIs for data interfacing, providing the data to various downstream applications.
- Technical design and development of data repository
- Work closely with project architect and PM to handle data layer processing
- Develop solutions in Java or Python
- Work with existing firm?s developer, working as SME with data handling requirements and best practices
- Bachelor?s or Master?s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years?experience with deployment and administration of big data platforms (ideally MapR)
- Experience with Java and Python technologies
- Strong grasp of Big Datatechnologies (Hadoop, Spark, MapR) is a must
- Strong grasp of HBase, HDFS
- Experience development in Linux environment
- Working experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with SQL, data modelling and data warehouses
- The following tools are an advantage: Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, HiveSQL