We are looking for Big Data Developer for our client in Jersey City, NJ
Job Title: Big Data Developer
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- ?Compliance Technology provides technology solutions to help Compliance manage the firm's regulatory and reputational risks, and enables them to advise and assist the firms businesses.
- Data Analytics (CADS) team part of Compliance Technology is seeking Java/Scala developers with deep knowledge of distributed computing principles.
- The candidate is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage big datatechnologies and enable large scale event processing where events are inspected by machine learning and statistical policy based models.
- Successful candidate will join a team of talented and motivated developers working on strategic and highly visible projects within the firm.
- Building frameworks and data model for storage and enrichment of business metrics, Orders executions, allocated trades, positions, and reference data
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- 5 to 7 years of software development experience
- Experience with Big Data, distributed systems using Spark, Scala, Java, Python
- Java/Scala development experience in a Unix/Linux environment is required
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Hadoop v2, Spark, Map Reduce, HDFS
- Financial Products experience: Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives, Loans