HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are looking for big datadevelopers to join the Digital Platform Engineering team to support our brand marketing organization. In this role, you will help set up data pipelines that enable data scientists and analysts to make critical business decisions on television advertising expenditure. You will also help expand our lead generation processes and support other brand marketing data needs.
Challenges to work on:
- Leverage state of the art data processing tools for handling television advertising data.
- Understand how the television data is used and work closely with data scientists and analysts to enable them to make the best use of the data.
- Update and expand our existing lead generation processes to leverage cloud based technologies.
- Contribute to our growing ecosystem of state of the art tools.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of professional Java software development experience.
- Experience with all aspects of data systems (both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL, aggregation strategy, performance optimization.
- Experience developing applications on Big Data / streaming platforms.
- Develop techniques to process and analyze events on a real-time streaming platform.
- Work closely with marketing to implement and expand data connections for brand marketing purposes.
- Design and implement high-performance data models in NoSQL database technologies.
- Develop quality scalable, tested, and reliable data services using industry best practices.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.