Industry: Staffing & Recruiting•
Less than 5 years
Posted 387 days ago
Job Title : Big Data Developer / Engineer
Location : Anywhere in the US
Employment type : Fulltime – Permanent
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required. Will also consider three years of relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education
• At least 2 - 4years of Design and development experience in Java/Core Java related technologies
• At least 1year of hands on design and development experience on Big data related technologies – Hadoop, PIG, Hive, MapReduce & Webservices
• Should be a strong communicator and be able to work independently with minimum involvement from client SMEs
• HDFS, HBase, YARN, SPARK, Oozie and shell scripting
• Background in all aspects of software engineering with strong skills in parallel data processing, data flows, REST APIs, JSON, XML, and micro service architecture.
• Must have strong programming knowledge of Core Java or Scala - Objects & Classes, Data Types, Arrays and String Operations, Operators, Control Flow Statements, Inheritance and Interfaces, Exception Handling, Serialization, Collections, Reading and Writing Files.
• Must have hands on experience in design, implementation, and build of applications or solutions using Core Java/Scala.
• Strong understanding of Hadoop fundamentals.
• Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts and must have good knowledge of writing SQL and interacting with RDBMS and NoSQL database - HBase programmatically.
• Strong understanding of File Formats – Parquet, Hadoop File formats.
• Proficient with application build and continuous integration tools – Maven, SBT, Jenkins, SVN, Git.
• Experience in working on Agile and Rally tool is a plus.
• Should have worked on large data sets and experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of Java Beans, Annotations, Logging (log4j), and Generics is a plus.
• Knowledge of Design Patterns - Java and/or GOF is a plus.
• Knowledge of Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, and Kafka is a plus.
• Experience to Financial domain is preferred
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
Name of the Candidate:
Authorized to work in US (Yes/No)
Would you need sponsorship (Yes/No)
Best time to contact
Expected salary per annum:
Willing to Relocate within USA (Yes/No):