Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doingThe candidate will work in a team with other engineers and researchers to develop innovative data driven solutions that integrate distributed sources of data, perform large scale learning and reasoning, and integrate results in collaborative environments to support the business analytics and data provisioning needs of the enterprise.
This role will be responsible for hands on design and coding of solutions. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in state-of-the-art data management and processing technologies and experienced in applying them to large scale commercial, scientific or industrial applications. The candidate should be comfortable working with cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Participates in planning process including technical design, development, testing and delivery of analytics solutions.
- Acts as technical lead in larger scrum team.
- Maintains technical overview over project
- Ensures a consistent and coherent technical delivery of solutions
- Removes technical impediments for project team
- Participates in coding activities
- Leads and participates in testing design and execution
- Identifies opportunities to drive down service costs though technology or process enhancements.
- Optimizes platform performance.
- Supports and helps manage external resources as needed.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies in the Big Data arena.
- Participates in vendor evaluations.
- Assists in development of development standards and works to ensure adherence to standards.
- Provides guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Coaches less-experienced individuals.
- AmerisourceBergen is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we do not sponsor visas for this role.
- This policy is applied in a nondiscriminatory manner regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or any other classification protected by law. #LI-DN1
- What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- >6 years of related technical experience.
- Experience with Cloud based analytic, data management and visualization technologies
- Experience in leading projects and teams.
- Object Oriented Programming proficiency using Java/Scala (Python is a plus).
- Knowledge and experience in Apache Spark java apis.
- Knowledge and experience in Big Data technologies Hadoop, HDFS, Hive and Apache Spark/DataBricks.
- Knowledge and experience in Apache Spark 3.x
- Knowledge and experience in Azure Storage such as Blob Storage, Data Lake Store, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse (SQL Data Warehouse).
- Knowledge and experience in Azure Synapse Apache Spark Pool, Dedicated SQL Pool and Serverless SQL pool.
- Knowledge and experience in Azure DevOps (Build CI/CD Pipelines)
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management concepts as well as an outstanding command of the SQL standard.
- Knowledge and understanding of Active Directory concepts.
- Knowledge and understanding of data and technology security and access control principles and implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure Data Factory and Logic Apps (Informatica is a plus) as an ETL environment.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Agile/Scrum
- Experience with Lambda and Kappa architecture implementations
- Experience with Data Lake implementations and design patterns
- Experience with code versioning tools and a command of configuration management concepts and tools.
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements and develop alternate solutions.
- Self driven, ability to work on multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to comfortably work with senior business leaders and effectively partner with thought leaders across the enterprise.
- Ability to lead other Data Engineers on larger initiatives.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.
- Experience with Storm /Spark Streaming and with streaming concepts and patterns is a plus.
- Experience with analytics model management and analytics workflow tools is a plus (e.g. SAS Model Manager, Knime, Azure ML Studio, Alteryx).
- Scientific computing experience (R, Matlab, Python, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of NoSql data management systems (CosmosDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra) is a plus.
- Theoretical and practical background in data mining and machine learning is a plus.
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Carrollton
Plano Pkwy 5025 Plano Parkway Carrollton 75010
Other LocationsUnited States-Pennsylvania-Conshohocken
JobInformation Technology Jobs