Job Summary: The TTS Big Data platform is a multi-year critical program within Data Technology, part of Treasury & Trade Services. The Big Data Solution Architect will be leading major initiatives under this program to transform and digitize the business.
- Executes the architectural vision for all Big Data and Analytical platform solutions, through major, complex IT architecture projects; ensures that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
- Provides sound understanding of Big Data apps development concepts and principles and knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.
- Develops technology road maps, while keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies, and recommends business directions based on these technologies.
- Provides technical leadership and is responsible for developing components of, or the overall systems design. Translates complex business problems into sound technical solutions.
- Applies hardware engineering and software design theories and principles in researching, designing, and developing product hardware and software interfaces.
- Acts as an advisor or mentor to junior team members.
- Requires sophisticated analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations. Impacts the architecture function by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services.
The successful candidate must be well versed in information architecture and data management, messaging, transformation, XML, micro services, and big data, including machine learning and AI.
The candidate can expect to gain the experience of a mature architecture process in one of the largest financial institutions in the world, and have the opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing architecture practice. Participate in department / enterprise wide initiatives and expand and broaden understanding of a multitude of technologies. Will also benefit from interaction with multiple development teams and business groups, and develop relationships with vendors. Career progression potential into higher technology management for the right individual.
Significant previous experience in leadership role with defining large scale information architectures is expected. Ideally looking for someone who was involved in shaping information architecture strategy, data sourcing and distribution projects, data management, and big data adoption
- Experience in leading data and information architecture activities and working with micro services, data sourcing APIs, big data, machine learning, and AI
- Hands on experience with data modeling using financial industry best practices, database configuration, and reference data management.
- Ability to facilitate and drive data governance activities, developing data and message standards, helping application teams understand the benefit of data standards and leading the adoption of data standards with knowledge transfer to the application teams across traditional and emerging data technologies
- Familiar with financial industry formats such as Swift messages and ISO messages.
- Experience of data warehouse modeling, operational reports and data stores, BI reports, data replication, ETL technologies, data archival, purging and retrieval implementations.
- Experience in using Oracle/Oracle RAC database implementations
- Experience in using Cloudera / Hadoop ecosystem (Yarn, Hive, Spark, Impala, etc.)
- Command of software development life cycle methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Experience of Architecture tools selection and usage.
- Experience of industry Architecture Methodology.
- Experience in setting, using and enforcing Standard, Industry Patterns and Best Practice.
- Experience in analyzing, modeling, depicting and describing Architectures for various audiences.
- Understanding of one or more of the following businesses: Treasury, Trade, Securities, and Funds.
- 10+ years of work experience in information and data architecture, data sourcing and distribution analysis and design, message and transformation design, and data modeling.
- 3+ years of demonstrable technical lead/project management experience.
- Strong understanding of information and data and reporting architectural concepts and design.
- A bachelor's degree in a related discipline, master's preferred.
- 5 years of Hadoop, Hive, Impala ecosystem experience.
- 2+ years of Spark/Scala experience.
- Experience with real time and batch data ingestion frameworks.
- 2+ Years of Data management or data modeling experience within Big Data, (Hbase/Hive/Impala).
- 5 years of Core Java or Python Programming experience.
- Hands on Experience with open source software platforms on Linux.
- 2+ years of Oracle and/or MYSQL database application development experience
- Agile development processes experiences a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influence, negotiation, and written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of TTS (Cash Management) products would be preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including listening).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially since the architecture team has no direct line of command over development staff.
- A team player.
- Thorough, process-oriented with attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic 'can do' approach, a positive and pro-active attitude, and a history of delivering against agreed objectives.