Position Purpose:The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, strategically designing, developing, and implementation of a Big Data platform that supports the creation of a unified data platform, housing raw & refined data from various sources of record, enabling: lean, faster delivery of data, enhanced data management & engineering, advanced analytical capabilities (for power users and data scientists), maintaining metadata repositories & data lineage, mastering data. The intent of this position is to build a Big Data foundation that can be leveraged to build services on an ongoing basis, that support multiple business areas across the organization.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The position will report to our Director of Enterprise Architecture.
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture standards
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and data management roadmap
- Establish processes for identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy
- Create strategies and plans for data security; disaster recovery and total business continuity
- Ensure the success of enterprise-level application roll-outs; connect vendors and providers to select products and services that meet the company’s goal
- Assess and determine framework for managing data across the organization; oversee mapping of data sources, data movement, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality; develop key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the performance of data architecture; document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
- Work experience as a data or information architect for a minimum of 5-7 years
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration
- Experience with database platforms, including MySQL, MS SQL Server and AWS Redshift
- Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, UDDI, WSDL)
- Experience with data processing flow charting techniques
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- Certifications in AWS a plus
Corporate Core Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.