At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our National Data Analyitics:
DATA is the most happening place at Perficient. DATA @ Perficient encompasses Enterprise, Master and Big Data (open source and vendor products), Discovery & Data Science. Perficient has been in this market for over 19 years and has delivered multi-million dollar projects for companies in healthcare, finance, energy and retail, to name a few. Working with this team is exciting, rewarding and educational.
When hiring, we look not only for technical proficiency fit but also for a good cultural match.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Technical Architect in our National Big Data Practice. Candidates can live anywhere in the US as long as they are willing to travel on a weekly basis, Monday - Thursday. All travel related expenses are covered by Perficient including weekly airfare, weekly hotels, meals, rental car, cell phone, etc.
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
The Senior Technical Architect will provide technology direction, ensure project implementation compliance, and utilize technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
This role is considered part of the Business Unit Leadership team and may mentor Junior Architects and /or development team members.
- Provide vision and leadership to define the core technologies necessary to meet client needs including: development tools and methodologies, package solutions, systems architecture, security techniques, and emerging technologies.
- Be able to design Cassandra centric data models
- Be able to design and develop in Hadoop.
- Help lead the evolution of the technical organization, including: new hire integration, career path evolution and planning, training and individual development, and solution center operating model
- Recruiting and mentoring technical consultants
- Responsible for developing and extending strong client relationships
- Participate in business development activities, including proposal writing, sales meeting attendance, and industry conference participation
- Estimate project costs, timelines and resource requirements for technical design, development, and testing.
- Participate in planning and strategy engagements
- Participate in business requirements sessions with client, internal business and technical resources
- Work with team members to identify, mitigate and resolve project issues and risks
- Lead technical architecture and design efforts
- Apply appropriate methodologies and techniques to solve complex business problems and technical challenges.
- Lead and mentor development teams
- Lead the design of object and data models
- Perform development tasks as required working from requirements documentation, use cases, wire frames, technical models, and other related materials
- Conduct technical design and code reviews and walkthroughs with technical team members
- Review test plans and test cases
- Ensure quality with delivered technical solution and related documentation
- Establish measurable performance requirements
- Incorporate requirements for legacy systems integration and security requirements into design
- Write and execute unit tests
- Manage application deployment and roll-out to production
- Minimum 7 years programming experience with Java technologies.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight.
- At least 5 years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks.
- At least 3 years of experience with Hadoop.
- At least 2 years of experience with Cassandra, MongoDB, Couch DB, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in End-to-End Cloud Data Solutioning and data stream design, experience with tools of the trade: Hadoop, Storm, Hive, Pig, AWS (EMR, Redshift, S3, etc.)/Azure (HD Insight) and Data Lake Design
- 3+ years of experience in Large Scale, Fault Tolerance Systems with components of scalability, and high data throughput with tools like Kafka, Storm, Flink, and Spark, and NoSQL platforms like HBase and DataStax
- Extensive data modeling experience and knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL systems (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc).
- Experience delivering full-lifecycle systems preferably with Open Source Big Datatechnologies (Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, etc).
- Excellent Java or comparable language (C/C++, Groovy, Scala, Python) programming skills
- Solution architectureexperience and understanding of the use cases for which different open source tools can be leveraged
- 3+ years leading development teams.
- Experience in with SCRUM and common agile practices such as pair programming, TDD, CD/CI is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience in code review and coaching junior developers is a great plus.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certification in Hadoop
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digitalexperience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an award-winning IBM Premier Business Partner, a Microsoft National Service Provider and Gold Certified Partner, an Oracle Platinum Partner, an Adobe Business Solution Partner, and a Salesforce Gold Consulting Partner.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Job ID 2017-3527