- Partners with the Business Analyst to understand the organization challenges and pain points, desired business outcomes and provides technical feasibility insight and solution options to develop a product backlog.
- Defines the technical solution vision and is able to clearly communicate this to both business (end user) audiences and technical (development team) audiences.
- Works with an agile development team to provide technical leadership during solution design and development.
- Designs conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Leads data integration design, advising clients on the appropriate data platforms and tools, automation of workflows, error handling and data quality frameworks ensuring a viable solution maintenance model.
- Acts as a technical escalation point for the team.
- Able to deliver simple to complex end-to-end analytics solutions on-time, on-budget, and with a high level of quality.
- Uses each member of the assigned development team efficiently by assigning each member tasks that correlate to their experience and expertise and growing team skillsets.
- Mentors developers that are learning new skills during the project.
- On boards new development resources into the development team.
- Follows, and enforces, industry and Excella standards and best practices.
- Proven experience delivering modern analytics solutions using relational DBMS and NOSQL data platforms.
- Proficient working with Data Integration Tools (e.g. Talend, SSIS, Pentaho, Informatica).
- Experience designing and deploying solutions using dimensional data models (aka Star Schema).
- Proficiency in at least one scriptinglanguage (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience working with large data volumes (millions, billions+).
- Expert in use of SQL, including performance tuning queries, use of explains plans, partitions, hints etc.
- Experience deploying solution in a Cloud environment such as AWS or Azure.
- Proficient in implementing automated testing techniques.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and tools.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Prior consulting experience with direct client interaction is preferred.
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Expert in identifying and communicating scope changes.
- Expert in educating and mentoring production staff on technical issues - will be asked to mentor developers.
- Able to lead small IT teams (5-10 IT professionals).
- Expert in creating reasonable and accurate time estimates for assigned tasks.
- Expert in interviewing and assessing new developer candidates.