We are looking for Big Data Architect for our client in Cincinnati, OH
Job Title: Big Data Architect
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- We're looking for an EC resource who understands the business needs and have passion to work in enterprise data science software environment built for data teams and work on big data technologies which includes open source data science technologies (R, Python, SQL, and Scala recipes, Jupyter notebooks, Hadoop, Spark etc).
- The enterprise data science software Engineer specializes in Data Integrations, ETL, Transformations, Quality and Data analysis.
- The Big Data Architect will be responsible for plotting a new holistic data architecture to transform the big data environments into a highly valued business asset supporting the dynamic data science and analytics needs of the future, leveraging appropriate data platforms and technologies.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop our Big Data Architecture.
- Implement business and IT vision through creation of new architecture strategy to span all data platforms (relational, NoSQL etc).
- Need to benchmark systems, analyse system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Need to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution.
- To be able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Analysis, architecture, design, and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
Qualifications and Skill requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years in demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and engineering complex, high-quality data technical architectures and detailed designs, database and data warehouse experience.
- 5+ years in a Data Architecture role architecting data warehouses and/or data lakes with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra and/or Elasticsearch along with Oracle, SQLServer and DB2 and can explain their varied use cases.
- Experience working on SQL clients such as SQL Developer, Dbeaver, etc.
- Ability to analyze complex applications and systems with minimal supervision, strong problem solving skills.
- Good technical understanding on Data Quality and Big Data.
- Proficient in analyzing business objectives and requirements.
- Skills in design and development of efficient data integration solutions.
- Solid understanding of relational database, analytics.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Building and scaling high volume transaction processing and analysis platforms.
- Experience with open source solutions and community Experience sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- To be able to work in teams, as a big data environment is developed in a team of employees with different disciplines.
- To be able to work in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business users to understand business processes.