HashMap needs a stellar thought leader in the space of Big Data who can a) Communicate b) Lead project implementations c) Is Hands on with a decent programming background. This role will be provide HashMap customers application development leadership, issue resolution, presentation of ideas, resolving development challenges in customer environment, performance tuning etc. This resource will be billable to customer in partial billing capacity.
Roles & Responsibilities
The said resource will be required to do the following.
1. Assist the Sales team in pre-sales activites where needed for e.g. talking about real-time streaming architectures, data lake patterns, reporting, mainframe data extraction etc.
2. Be part of the project delivery team to a) CODE b) Present to customer various solution points c) Triage and troubleshoot development issues with developers d) Operate as a highly effective communicator and leader on the team.
In order to so -- The skills required are
1. Good coding skills with preferably Scala but can be Java and python etc.
2. Good knowledge of one of the many Big Datadistributions e.g. Cloudera, MAPR, Hortonworks.
3. Good knowledge of Spark concepts with Spark Streaming, SparkSQL etc.
4. General understanding of architecture patterns as it exists before the Big Data days.
5. Great leadership skills with clear articulation of concepts, PPTS, etc.
6. Good knowledge of atleast one NOSQL platform e.g. Cassandra, Mongo, HBASE etc.
7. Great personality, atitutude to learn and collaborative spirit.
8. Should have successfully delivered good engagement with large enterprise customers here in USA
9. Good intelligence and fresheness of ideas.
The emphasis should be on real-world coding/issue resolution experience and not just great architecture skills. Given a chance, I would rather take a stronger issue solver than an enterprise architect. The ability to communicate and lead discussions is also important.