Big Data Application Architect
We are seeking a Subject Matter Expert to develop cloud-based data analytic solutions in a large scale computing environment to bridge the gap between our client’s data and missions. Some telecommuting is permitted.
The responsibilities of a Big Data Solution Architect include:
- Provide domain expertise in big data distributed processing frameworks, Hadoop MapReduce and Yarn, Apache Spark, Open-Source and Commercial distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR) and Cloud-based services (AWS EMR, Azure HD Insight)
- Provide domain expertise of open-source and commercial NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Accumulo) that implement document, key-value, columnar, graph, and search databases
- Provide domain expertise of hybrid data architectures that combine big data with enterprise data warehouses, data lakes, data hubs, and streaming data
- Drive market demand for Data and Analytics solutions by providing concise messages tailored for CSRA customers and their desired outcomes
- Provide hands-on guidance and oversight on all aspects of solution delivery: sales, estimation, design, management, implementation, delivery and more
- Work closely with client technical and business stakeholders to shape the success of projects
- Aggressively grow your skillset and translate your new capabilities into high-quality execution
- Collaborate with a software development team and our client to meet the client's’ Data and Analytics needs.
- Reports to and supports the chief architect
- Identifies market trends in technology for Data and Analytics solutions with a focus on Cloud Analytics and Big Data
- Works with vendors to identify new potential modern data management offerings
- Works with system architects to builds proof of concepts and demonstrations
- Provide regular recurring status updates internally and externally
- Develop and provide presentations to clients
- Guide a team of software developers in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Work with the program team to ensure alignment between the development of the big data application(s) and the overall program
- Maintain awareness of industry trends in order to bring innovation and improvements to the analytics solution and the customer
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 14 years of experience or a MS and 12years experience
- 7 or more years of business solutions experience; 3 or more years in Cloud setting
- Experience working with data analytics, programming languages, and database systems
- Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables
- AWS or Azure Certifications highly desired.
- Familiarity with Big Datamarket trends
- Requires expertise and experience implementing three or more of the following technology areas: cloud analytics, AWS, Azure database design, data warehousing, big data, NoSQL, data science, data analytics, machine learning, streaming data.
- Deep knowledge of data formats and structures, data storage, retrieval, transport, optimization, and serialization
- Demonstrated experience developing engineering solutions for both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience working with large datasets, including data integration, data migration, analysis and visualization
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and stakeholders
- Strong skills at managing risks during product launches
- Willing to travel to a variety of customer sites within the DMV area