- Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering, technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience project managing and delivering technical solutions.
- Experience with architecting, developing, and/or maintaining technical solutions in virtualized environments.
- Experience in systems design and architecting or explaining systems interactions, including data flows, common interfaces, APIs, and methods available.
- MBA or Master's degree in CS or an engineering field.
- Cloud certification.
- 7 years of experience demonstrating technical client service.
- Experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems with one or more technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Vertica, Netezza, Teradata, Tableau, or MicroStrategy.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, presentation, and problem solving skills.
About the job
As a Big Data and Analytics Cloud Consultant, you will work directly with Google's most strategic customers on critical projects to help them transform their businesses. You will provide management, consulting, and technical aptitude to customer engagements while working with client executives and key technical leaders to deploy solutions via Google's Cloud Platform.
You will also work closely with key Google partners currently servicing top accounts to manage programs, deliver consulting services, and provide technical guidance and best practice expertise.
You possess a diverse background with cloud solutions in areas such as architecture design, infrastructure fundamentals, and deployment strategies. To be successful, you know how to navigate ambiguity, have extensive experience working with cloud technologies, have technical depth, and enjoy working with client executives. You also possess excellent communication and project management skills. Travel will be approximately 30% of the time for client engagements.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful implementations of cloud solutions, becoming a trusted advisor to decision-makers throughout the engagement.
- Work with internal specialists, product, and engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies, and published assets.
- Interact with sales, partners, and customer technical stakeholders to manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful client outcomes.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development based on your field experience.
- Propose solution architectures and manage the deployment of cloud based big data and analytics solutions according to complex customer requirements and implementation best practices.