Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for responding to customer inquiries and requests for proposals/quotations (RFQ), including overseeing proposal preparation, reviewing and presenting the company’s position on terms and conditions; managing/coordinating the correspondence and responses needed by the customer, and providing liaison support on all related matters, and contract negotiation in conjunction with Proposals & Contracts Manager.
- Discusses quote/proposal with sales staff and other personnel as appropriate to obtain the proper information to respond to the customer request. Ensures that operational teams have a clear understanding of client requirements. Provide an interpretation of contract(s) and contract provision(s) to internal functional groups and assist the groups as needed in their implementation.
- Prepares response in accordance with RFQ instructions and Kirkhill procedures. Review terms and conditions and provide acceptable exception to management for approval, and then present company’s position to the customer.
- Monitors progress of activity to assure a timely response.
- Administer contracts with best practices to eliminate non-value added/non-essential activities.
- Prepares responses to “Bid” or “No Bid” decisions.
- Enters quotes information into system (Manman) and logs pertinent information.
- Integrates and creates proposal log, due datereport, on-time metric report and quotation statistics log. Reports to include quotation tracking log, win/loss report and sales order entry data.
- Promotes the organization’s capabilities to clients, identifies sales opportunities to be forwarded to the account managers, and achieves contract extensions or additional business within the account(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting aerospace proposal.
- Perform well under pressure due to deadlines, demonstrate ability to work in a high volume, fast paced and short turn-around time environment.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications.
- Must be able to react to change and implement same throughout the company as needed in an effective manner.
- Well organized, detail oriented and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- Ascertains customers’ business needs and time constraints, balanced against costs and available resources, and communicates a realistic estimate of project timing.
- Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Is fully self-sufficient and competent in regards to output quality and quantity.
- Experience in government contracting including working knowledge of FAR, DFAR and TINA compliant requirements and clauses.
- Has good knowledge of best practices within own area of expertise, integrates with others.
- Impacts a range of activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Plans and prioritizes work using resources in the best possible way to complete tasks on time and with high quality.
- Solves problems using existing solutions: exercise good judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, judgement and influence skills, written and oral), analytical skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation and a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to maintain composure while under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for employees new in their role: As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Approachability, Interpersonal Savvy, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, and will need to value diversity.
- BachelorDegree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in managing and developing contracts and proposals for both commercial and government customers.
- Aerospace experience is strongly preferred.