About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St. Bruno, Quebec, you will plan, develop and manage all activities needed to prepare and deliver a Technical and Commercial proposal to the customer in response to a Request For Proposal. You also will lead all activity required to ensure the internal governance related to the proposal (i.e. preparation of the Blue Books with related functions and strategy). You will work with all functions in order to achieve this with success and is responsible to lead all efforts. You will be the ultimate responsible for the bid assumptions taken and quality of content of the proposal as well as its respect to the mandate received by Corporate, Group and Division. You will develop strong communication by responding to customer requirements and ensure good project execution..
In your role you will:
- Lead, in conjunction with Sales the preparation of bids to come prior to RFP through the coordination of activities leading to the elaboration and approval of a 'White Book";
- You will challenge assumptions that may cause difficulties in efficiently delivery a winning proposal based on healthy assumptions;
- Lead all bids & proposal activities from issuance of RFP (Request for Proposal) to the Post-Mortem analysis after proposal deposit;
- Lead all Blue Book governance meetings (incl. preparation of Blue Book documents and presentation to BU & Division Management and Group Bid Approval);
- Lead all activities and inputs required from all functions for the elaboration of a "winning and healthy" proposal to be submitted to the customer (including the revision cycle);
- Coordinate & manage Questions & Clarifications sent to customer;
- Support the Bid Finance function in coming up with the "right price" to win the bid and coordinate necessary meetings with other functions to ensure this is achieved;
- Participate in customer meetings during the negotiation phase to ensure the critical and sensitive elements of the bids are well covered;
- Maintain and upholds the highest confidentiality level for the entire bid exercise.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Administration or Finances;
- You possess from ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience;
- You possess knowledge of Project Manager or equivalent;
- You have experience in PPP projects and/or Operations and Maintenance;
- Your English and French communication skills are excellent, both written and spoken.