As a business solutions expert, you will be part of a team focused on developing applications and tools required for collection, integration, analysis and presentation of business information to support better business decisions. Working independently, and with other team members in a consulting environment, and with internal and external clients, you will design and develop solutions required to deliver some of the world’s most complex programs. In addition to supporting the evolution of the Performance Portal, you will design and develop new software applications and/or major enhancements to existing software applications to support the clients’ business requirements and technical environment. The successful candidate will act as a recognized technology thought leader and industry expert.
- Provide technical consulting on complex projects.
- Design information management solution(s) that must consider a variety of IT and business-related planning issues.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of information solution/system implementations supporting a broad array of business processes.
- Provide consulting expertise in conducting and gathering functional requirements and translating these into technical solutions.
- Work with program management teams to define business and system requirements in order to ensure successful completion by meeting client needs on budget and schedule.
- Establish clear lines of communication with project team and client to ensure project deliverables meet defined quality standards.
- Provide consulting expertise in design, development and implementation of IT architectures.
- Provide technical input and support to CH2M business development teams as required.
- Identify additional performance metrics and applications to enhance or supplement existing tools.
This role can be performed from any of our US offices or by telework. If you’re up for the challenge and want to deliver innovative, unique and unexpected solutions, join our team and help us successfully deliver some of the world’s most challenging programs. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or an additional 4 years experience
- 15years work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced designing, developing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting web applications and implementing innovative technical solutions in a consulting environment or as a Consultant.
- Thrives working both independently and collaborative with a remote team.
- Strong data management, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development and debugging skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Experience developing modern web applications using frameworks and other client-side libraries, e.g. Backbone, React, Angular.
- Knowledgeable in MVC, MVVM, and other software development patterns.
- Demonstrated web design and UI/UX experience.
- Experience with a variety of hardware, software, networks, and operating systems.
- Strong ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Adept at recognizing client needs and coordinating/executing activities that respond directly to these needs.
- Experience working with clients to define requirements, develop estimates for the level of effort, scheduling milestones and releases
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:In addition to the Basic Qualifications, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise working on a wide variety of software development projects including web/cloud-based and mobile business solutions and underlying technologies. The successful candidate will possess strong technical troubleshooting skills and excellent problem-solving, design, development and debugging skills in a software development capacity. Additional areas of benefit include broad experience in use and development of Geographic Information Systems and developing Business Intelligence solutions including reports and dashboards.