The Business Intelligence Manager for Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Reporting & Visualization will manage a team consisting of data analyst, ETL developers and reporting developers. The team supports the existing batch loads for the enterprise data warehouse (excluding operational data store), along with the reporting using Business Objects and Tableau. The manager is responsible managing the day to day processes, which includes fixes, enhancements and projects. In addition, with providing vision, strategy, and implementation methodologies to address data analytics. The primary focus is to ensure the team follows best practices for EDW database design, data aggregation, structured and unstructured data sets. The day-to-day responsibilities are to ensure data information flows timely and accurately from the Operational Data Store into the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Manage, define and support production operational processes specifically for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), based on ETL data loads, performance monitoring which includes reports, troubleshooting, operational issues/processes and implementations.
- Manage team who provide data analysis, ETL and reporting development; ability to provide technical direction, guidance and escalation related to incidents/problem management.
- Ensure changes to production adhere to existing processes and support the System Development Life Cycle via agile, iterative or waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with team members, IT support teams and business partners and identify the impact to the business for resolutions.
- Ensure data integrity and interface processes follow Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing best practices
- Ability to multitask and support ad-hoc requests as requested by management and business partners
- Manage application upgrades by applying hot fixes and version releases on regular basis
- Coordinates and collaborates with other BI managers and support teams to drive processes and services to support the bank's transformation and growth.
- Communicates complex technical issues to support teams and business users in simple terms and drives resolution to completion
- Ability to use good judgement in defining escalation procedures and ensuring the team follows such procedures with delays in SLA
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company's EDW processes and strategies.
- Experience managing EDW teams from operational to managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure EDW vision is understood
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Leading, mentoring, and guiding best practices for the BI EDW team.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Experience with Oracle, Informatica, Data Services and Tableau a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of managing a team
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse
- 3 years experience with Business Objects