World Fuel Services, is an equalopportunity/affirmativeaction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The BI/DW Developer will be responsible for development of various parts of the BI data infrastructure in the cloud: data modeling, developing ETL/ELT jobs as well as other types of data transfers between source systems, Data Lake and the Data Warehouse.
The BI Developer will work closely with IT (teams implementing source systems, ETL team, BAs), as well as the business Analytics Leads and end users.
- Works with analysts, BAs and developers in other teams to understand data flows and uses.
- Designs and creates 3NF or dimensional data models for the DW as required.
- Designs and develops data transfers from source systems (on-prem, cloud, etc.) to the Data Lake and ETL jobs into the DW.
- Ensures data quality and integrity in Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Follows agile practices and philosophy as part of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or any other Engineering degree.
- Well-rounded and extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing, dimensional data modeling and Business Intelligence is required (5+ years). Must have gone through at least one full-cycle implementation of an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- 4+ years’ hands-on development experience in ETL tools (Informatica preferred)
- Highly experienced in SQL and relational/dimensional databases (4+ years)
- Experience with cloud environments and tools (AWS, S3, Cloud DWs such as Snowflake, Redshift)
- Experience with reporting tools (Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, etc.) is a plus R4860