The BI Developer supports the department and company by maintaining and improving BI tools and processes that consolidate information from over a dozen independent IT systems and applications as well as developing and supporting new processes and data in a business that always strives to move forward. This positoin report to the Director, Business Intelligence.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience as a SQL Server BI stack, with at least four years focused on SQL Server. They will be comfortable in a dynamic environment with ample opportunity to implement cutting-edge technology. Strong, proven communication skills with business stakeholders is a requirement for success in this position as translating business users’ needs into BI system implementations is the core of our mission within the company.
**We are currently not offering visa sponsorship for this opening.**
The Business Intelligence (BI) Department is responsible for deploying tools to support self-service data retrieval by business unit analysts as well as developing advanced reporting, analysis and process automation, all utilizing the Microsoft BI stack and technologies.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to over 725 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy® and ShipWorks®.Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 475 unique partner applications.
Essential Positoin Duties:
- Develop and support the SQL Server BI universe by creating tables, indexes, views, indexed views, functions, triggers, stored procedures, and tuning complex T-SQL queries
- Design and implement SQL Server 2008 R2/SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services multi-dimensional cubes
- Automation via scripting tools such as PowerShell (in addition to T-SQL)
- Create and support data load processes via SSIS and database refreshes
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps in current BI process and reporting solutions
- Package queries into stored procedures and jobs for scheduling
- Participate in design review sessions and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
- Develop automated data audit and validation process to ensure end users are getting the right data
- Experience with full implementation of SDLC
- Collaborate in project planning to analyze business requirements and outline solutions
- Document all ETL processes and flows
- Leads small to medium technical projects for organization projects across platforms or business areas
- Create and update business intelligence documentation
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Science or related field
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2005/ 2008 R2/2012 and all its products and features, such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Replication
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in BI Methodology and best practices.
- Able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- High-level development skills and experience with T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS PowerShell scripting and performance tuning
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and prepare technical documents
- Ability to design systems and applications based on analysts of business unit requirements
- A strong interest in business or financialreporting and automation
- Microsoft SQL Server