We are a private mortgage insurer with $182.0 billion primary insurance in force covering approximately one million mortgages (as of December, 31, 2016.) MGIC provides a critical component of our country’s residential mortgage finance system, protecting mortgage investors from credit losses. Mortgage insurance from MGIC also benefits consumers by making affordable low-down-payment mortgages a reality. Bottom line…We put people into homes sooner! #WeAreMGIC
A day in the life of our BI Developer: (role and responsibilities)
As a member of the Data & Analytics team, the BI Developer contributes to the planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of BI solutions for the enterprise. As part of a dynamic teaming environment, the BI Developer collaborates with fellow team members on a variety of projects and activities as needed.
Under the direction of senior team members, the BI Developer delivers technical solutions that adhere to MGIC’s standards and best practices.
The BI Developerworks with business and technical team members to elicit information as needed for requirements and designs. The creation and maintenance of required solution documentation, including detailed designs, mapping, data models, and testing results is a key aspect to the role as well.
What we’re looking for:
• Requirements include a Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Information Systems. Additional years of related work experience (2) above the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond an AssociateDegree.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience is required, preferably in Informatica.
• Knowledge of SQL, database principles, ETL tools (Informatica is preferred). Familiarity with Hadoop, and exposure to reporting tools such as Tableau is a plus.
• Hands-on training will be provided to the candidate that demonstrates the aptitude and enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication is a must, with a demonstrated ability to express technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive Salary & Benefits • Profit Sharing • 401(k) with a company match • Pension Plan • On-site Fitness Center and Classes (corporate office) • Paid-time off and paid company holidays • Paid Parental Leave
A little more about us!
We are located in downtown Milwaukee, a place that offers something for everyone with its big-city attractions and small-town atmosphere. MGIC is a seven time recipient of the Milwaukee’s Journal Sentinel Top Work Places award. This is an award based on the opinion of our company's greatest asset, our talented and dedicated workforce! We are committed to being an active and positive member of the local Milwaukee community. Along with our co-workers, we support many local initiatives including:
• United Way • United Performing Arts Fund • Habitat for Humanity • Junior Achievement • Public Television Channel 10/36 Auction
MGIC offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical and dental insurance, pension, profit sharing and 401(k) savings. We offer an on-site fitness center, wellness initiatives and a business casual dress policy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and substance abuse testing.