re you looking for a challenging role as a BI Developer? InterVision Systems is a strategic service provider committed to unlocking value by delivering innovative technology through a consultative approach. We believe we will transform businesses through the evolutionary power of technology. Our people are the best in their field!
So, if you are looking for a career changing opportunity, we want to meet you!
The BI Developer is responsible for analyzing data and reporting on trends and activities for various departments within the organization. This includes collecting, tracking, analyzing and disseminating information that provides support to a variety of stakeholders i.e. Finance, Sales, Operations, HR, Architecture, Engineering, PMO, Marketing, etc.
The BI Developer must be able to think critically to deliver existing performance analysis on trends and will make recommendations. They must be able to acquire data from multiple sources including SQL and Post-GRE databases. They must be able to understand the data gathered from ERP, CRM, HR and other applications to create insightful reports, presented in a variety of formats for both internal and external customers. To be effective in this role, the candidate needs to be attentive to detail in a dynamic work environment, balancing multiple projects and work activities.
The role will assist in full life cycle analysis to include requirements, design and activities related to implementation of databases, data collection systems, reporting and presentation systems. You must be comfortable working with a variety of teams and be able to communicate succinctly with technical and non-technical departments. Strong communication, organization, documentation, and analytical skills are required to fulfill the duties expected of this position.
Do you have the Right Skills and Experience for our Team?
- Bachelors or Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five (5) years related experience and background in a data intelligence position in a multitasking environment, preferably within a technology or services environment
- General knowledge of data assets, data requirements, and data reporting
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (PowerBI and Sql Server Reporting Services (SSRS), databases (Microsoft SQL (MSSQL), Postgres), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and similar applications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in applications including: ConnectWise, Qlik, Kaseya and AccelOps systems
- Experience in Great Plains or Adaptive Insights, a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products required with advanced skills in Excel
- Previous experience and understanding of technical service tickets preferred
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Organize and think through desired end to end outcome before starting a task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with a range of customers
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment on non-repetitive tasks
- Dependability – excellent attendance record, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Must be extremely detailed oriented with exceptional focus on accuracy and quality output. Produces work that is accurate and thorough and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to anticipate and prioritize daily workflow to effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to tolerate peak workloads, multiple assignments and projects from multiple leaders, and produce results with accuracy and reliability. Ability to demonstrate a calm demeanor and retain composure in dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision
- Professional presence and demeanor; strong commitment to provide exceptional customer service
What GREAT things will you be doing?
- Collaborate with managers to define reporting requirements