Information Builders' Professional Services organization works with customers to understand their Business Intelligence (BI) needs and develop and deploy robust solutions. We are seeking BI Developers to work closely with our customers to develop and deploy new BI systems.Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
While knowledge of our tools is not required for consideration, strong knowledge of competitive products (including architecture, design, and coding experience) is expected. IB will provide training in our WebFOCUS tools.
A BI Developer must be experienced in Business Intelligence or Web application development, design and implementation. He/she must also have data analysis construction and testing experience. The WebFOCUS Developer must be able to identify client issues and communicate them to Senior WebFOCUS Developers. The WebFOCUS Developer will work under the supervision of a more Senior WebFOCUS Developer or Project Manager. He/she will follow tasks assigned to him by project leaders. The WebFOCUS Developer must communicate to the project leaders as needed of accomplishments of tasks and/or issues completing a task.
Description of position’s duties:
- Provide development services to clients using the Information Builders core product line (FOCUS/WebFOCUS) which include the core features and capabilities of reporting, Dialogue Manager and Developer Studio. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, application development, application deployment, application maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Demonstrate the ability to install and configure core WF products on local environment.
- Recognize and help exploit business opportunities and pass the appropriate information to management.
- Display a working knowledge of at least one Database Management Systems, relational/SQL DBMS’s.
- Develop a working knowledge of at least one operating system and display an ability to learn others.
- Must submit status and operational reports weekly
- Must be well groomed and dress in neat, professional business attire.
- Must be willing and able to travel as necessary
Minimum education/training required:
- Bachelors Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exposure to GUI tools or other front-end technology
- Exposure to one Database Management Systems, with exposure to SQL based DBMS’s a plus
- Develop a working knowledge of at least one operating systems and multiple programming languages
- Ability to write solid documentation that supports the coding and project management effort
- Experience in applying project management principles via formal methodology, using the associated tools and techniques
- Sound customer relations skills and the ability to work with demanding clients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Bachelors Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum experience required:
- Four (4) years of Business Intelligence application development and maintenance
- Two (2) years of WebFOCUS or another high level Business Intelligence language
- Exposure to database modeling and design
- Exposure to data analysis and data movement.