Req #: 41871BR
Want to effect real, tangible change at a Fortune 500 company? Republic Services is undergoing a Company-wide transformation, making major investments in our technology platforms, and defying conventional thinking on competition in the Waste & Recycling Services industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in changing the way we engage and serve our customers. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about working in a fast, dynamic environment and want to be meaningful contributors in our rapid technology evolution.
Business Intelligence Developers at Republic Services play a critical role in development, support, and continuous improvement of Business Intelligence technology platforms. Our Enterprise Data team is a tightly knit group of cross-discipline professionals that work hand-in-hand with our business partners across Sales, Customer Experience, Operations, Revenue Management, Finance and Marketing. The successful candidate will possess computational skills and be adept at problem-solving in order to establish and evaluate evidence-based benchmarks in a technology rich environment. In addition, it will be necessary for this person to develop strong relationships with our business partners and key technical staff across the organization through consistent and accurate results delivery and an in-depth knowledge of the data architecture. One of the main tasks of a Business Intelligence Developer will be to provide data in a way that tells a story to everyone from a driver to the CEO in order to develop new business opportunities, competitive advantages over rivals, more effective marketing campaigns, increased operational efficiency and more.
The Enterprise Data team is an efficient and growing team serving a large user base (>3,000 users) covering critical, high-visibility functions for the business. Beyond delivering the capabilities needed to support the business strategy, we are laying the foundation of processes and methodologies for the future. Join us in this key role and take the opportunity to see your work make a real world impact.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Works closely with Data Architects and ETL Engineers to build and modify data delivery solutions using various languages and software (i.e. Qlik Sense, Informatica, R) that can increase the organization’s effectiveness in decision making.
- Delivers high quality reporting solutions according to specifications to turn data into actionable intelligence and performs testing to ensure requirements are met and that system performance is satisfactory.
- Consults with peers to advance data management principles across the enterprise using the Informatica Analyst tool to profile and define patterns or inconsistencies in data.
- Performs research using SQL to resolve issues with minimal guidance, identifies data related problems and provides scalable reporting solutions that support data-driven decision making.
- Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors and key systems users in order to bring business and information technology together by understanding and being able to communicate the needs and limitations of both.
- Identifies actionable insights on proposed questions to construct a hypothesis and suggest recommendations based on testing of that hypothesis using data modeling or similar technique to influence the direction of the business and effectively communicate findings to cross functional groups.
- Researches emerging technologies and remains current on existing applications upgrades and functionality in order to provide the most appropriate and efficient solutions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Engineering or Statistics (Required).
- Minimum of 3years of technical development experience in business intelligence, data analysis, reporting, data engineering, data science or informatics in a traditional data warehouse environment (Required).
- Minimum of 2years of experience in delivering reporting solutions using various BI software tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Business Objects or Cognos. (Required).
- Experience managing large amounts of data (database environments >5TB), providing sophisticated but easy to use means to analyze the data and demonstrated experience in programming SQL queries.
- Experience with predictive analytics, forecasting, data mining and data optimization.
- Willing to learn alternate data-oriented technologies and leverage these tools across multiple database technologies.
- Experience designing conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for solving important business problems.
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed information in a manner that is appropriate to the audience across various levels of the organization
- Master’s in Business Analytics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
Req #: 41871BR