he BI Developer position is a technical, hands-on role responsible for the development of BI solutions by coordinating and consulting with ETL developer and BI Analysts to ensure solutions fit the requirements. The role will have an aptitude for understanding the business needs and the data present in our global enterprise data warehouse and should be prepared to work closely with various functional and technical teams across the organization.
- Building and publishing reports utilizing complex calculated fields/measures, filters/prompts, parameters, conditional formatting.
- Creating sustainable and efficient visualizations, emphasizing usability and good design practices.
- Ensuring that all development and documentation standards are adhered to.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
- 5+ years of strong end to end development experience in both OBIEE and Tableau reporting along with strong SQL experience.
- Ability to translate BI business requirements into technical requirements for BI development
- Retail, wholesale & eComm domain knowledge
- Provide appropriate training and support to business users on the use of Tableau interactive web reports, and Tableau Desktop.
- Deep understanding and experience on data level and object level security.
- Proven ability to independently develop complex dashboards, analyses, and agents utilizing tables, graphs, and interactive elements in line with project requirements and deadlines
- Understanding and developing of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling within OBIEE RPD;
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, dimensional modeling.
- knowledge on cloud-based technologies (AWS, EC2, DMS, Redshift etc.) is a plus
- Experience with full lifecycle development projects and agile methodologies