Johnson Brothers is a family-owned wine, spirits, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages distributor with headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. Johnson Brothers has been providing world class service to customers throughout the United States since 1953.
Our mission is very simple: to provide the best possible service to both our customers and supplier partners. We are a modern, dynamic, progressive beverage company, yet grounded with old-fashioned values of hard work, loyalty, and a genuine commitment to excellence. Prestige Beverage Group is part of the Johnson Brothers family of businesses and is focused on building and growing brands across the beverage industry. This includes wine, malts, beer, and spirits found across North America such as Windsor Canadian, Indoggo, Yes Way Rose, Risatta, Whistler, and many more.
We are seeking a Power BI Database Architect and Engineer who will join an agile project team responsible for delivering all business reporting and analytics across Johnson Brothers and Prestige. This will be a full-time position on the Business Intelligence and Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in Microsoft Power BI and the Azure Cloud data ecosystem, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lakes, Logic Apps, and Power Apps, and other database tools, as well as working knowledge of various database design and administration activities including, but not limited to, OLAP, ETL, SSRS, SSIS, and MDM.Job Description:
- Maintain existing Microsoft Power BI data infrastructure (Azure SQL, Pipeline, and tables)
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the company and offer suggestions for solutions
- Support data acquisition needs for existing and new data sources across Sales, Operations, and other functional areas
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company databases
- Recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within Power BI
- Manage all data and technologies across the data source and warehouse layers for Power BI
- Collaborate with BI and IT teams to establish data elements, basic MDM practices, and relationships in multiple data models
- Create and maintain tools to store and analyze data
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Create and maintain documentation of data dictionary, data models, and available reports
- Share knowledge and collaborate with PBI Analyst/Desktop users across the business
- Participate in information gathering sessions to validate business cases and define requirements
- Collaborate with business resources, including Analytics lead, to define opportunities and capabilities for AI/ML utilization within the company
- Contribute to overall design and architecture of solutions including internal and external data sources, and the respective flows from Azure to Pipeline to PBI Apps
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in MIS/CIS, business management, or commensurate experience
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with Information Technology teams and technology
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Power BI (i.e., Power Pivot/ OLAP, Power Query, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Services) in a private, public, government, or military environment
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as waterfall, agile, etc.
- Experience using Jira or similar project/agile project tracking software
- Functional abilities using SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Able to work collaboratively with minimal guidance
- Self-starter, results-oriented, able to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Intermediate understanding of business and system analysis methods and process such as use case development, brainstorming, etc is helpful
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Johnson Brothers is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal treatment in employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender/gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, military status or any other basis in protected by applicable federal, state and local law. Johnson Brothers makes employment decisions based solely on the basis of qualifications for the job.