The BI & Data Warehouse Manager will be an individual contributor to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Carbon’s Business Intelligence Infrastructure and Tableau Reporting Suite, providing overall business knowledge to projects and support. This position will be assigned to many projects supporting all functions across Carbon. The role also acts as an internal consultant, providing business process expertise and technical guidance on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters.
This position requires broad knowledge of data sources, data integration and data flow as well as a high degree of creativity and latitude, working at an in-depth level within a business area. The BI & Data Warehouse Manager acts as the subject matter expert for the Data warehouse, data structure, in terms of both its application and business processes. The individual in this position should be familiar with project management techniques and possesses good communication skills.
The main challenge for the BI & Data Warehouse Manager is identifying data sources and structures and building a sustainableinfrastructure that can grow with the business. In addition to being able to concisely and creativelysupport the creation of new dashboards andreports tosupport the ever expanding needs of the business. The BI & Data Warehouse Manager must understand the procedures and expected system performance, while seeking ways to collaborate with other Software and IT members to facilitate transitions. He/sheshares responsibility with other team members to ensure on-time, high quality product delivery.
- Produce functional requirements and solution end-to-end database development in a BI environment supporting, but not limited to, PostgreSQL and Tableau.
- Document processes and mentor teams through the software development lifecycle process.
- Lead, collect and analyze business requirements for large, multifunctional projects and reporting needs.
- Participate with other IT members, customers, and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Perform analysis and reporting feasibility studies, translate requirements into an appropriate design.
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with internal customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Analyze new data sources for integration -- structured/semi-structured data from various sources in support of the business needs
- Work to ensure controls and objectives are implemented for all data movement processes, implement change control for production data ,establish and follow proper incident management procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies as they relate to both firm and client/contact data.
- 7+ years of experience with writing functional requirements, data warehouse experiencerequired.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related course of study or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 4+ years experience with PostgreSQL, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server or similar database platform.
- Thorough knowledge of Tableau and similar products.
- Experience implementing best practices for EDW development.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and follow up on unfinished business.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Experience deploying self-service capabilities in Reporting/BI.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Goal oriented and creative personality with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.