We are looking for BI Data Architect (ETL and Azure) for our client in Washington, DC
Job Title: BI Data Architect (ETL and Azure)
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the data architecture and data management activities within the Business Intelligence (BI) Work Program.
- He/she should have a strong foundation and hands- on experience in BI data management design and development, debugging BI existing applications, and performance tuning.
- The selected candidate will work closely with the BI team to provide technical leadership to facilitate development projects that involve the computing environment which may include the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products.
- He/she will design and validate data solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, and strategic.
- These efforts enhance data quality, enrich access, and provide business decision makers with information upon which they can make more accurate and effective decisions across multiple domains.
- Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines from on premise system to cloud database such as Azure SQL Data warehouse, Spark to make the system grow elastically
- Provide a high level of ETL technical services and support; is considered an expert in multiple ETL technologies; maps data source to destination
- Experience building Azure data lake ETL pipelines component such as Azure Data lake Analytics, Azure SQL database and SQL Datawarehouse.
- Expertise with data modeling on Azure SQL database and SQL Datawarehouse
- Expertise with building Azure data catalogue
- Data Integration : Building Pipeline and workflows (ETL) with Azure data factory
- Assist in selection and integration of big data tools/frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
- Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions for stakeholders and guiding project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
- Experience in solution delivery using Agile methodologies especially
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry trends and standards
- 7 + years of BI/DW experience in ETL/Data modelling and building large scale Datawarehouse solution with 3+ years of Azure DW/Azure data lake background.
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful migrations to cloud solutions.
- Experience architecting, developing and/or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus