Position Summary: Non-Supervisory Job Descriptions
The Business Intelligence/Data Analyst will provide the organization with timely, accurate analysis and profiles on the organization performance via KPIs, insights into the key attributes that are impacting the performance via analysis and trending, general industry trends and identify areas of opportunities for the organization. They will collect and analyze data and input from multiple external and internal sources and organize into actionable information. Working individually and within teams, the analyst will prepare issue briefs and assessments on key business and research topics within both tactical and strategic frameworks, respond to ad-hoc requests on competitive and strategic issues, and communicate with the business partners.
- Develop logical and physical data models including multidimensional data cubes, metadata definitions and models.
- Produce intelligence reports (obtain information from internal and external sources, assess the value and provide actionable insight).
- Work on ad-hoc requests and produce the required deliverables as mandated by the requests.
- Responsible for data quality both for the raw data as well as the integrity of the calculations used for Measures
- Responsible for robustness for all deliverables from BI (reports, dashboards, etc.) to ensure that the value being generated is relevant and current.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex data cleansing, data integration, and data warehouse system issues, identify the reasons for problems, failures and malfunctions and develop optimal solutions.
- Monitor data integration and reporting anomalies and make adjustments as required.
- Plan, organize and complete projects efficiently and in accordance with Heritage Insurance quality standards, while troubleshooting unexpected system problems.
- Identify data communication and information management issues and opportunities, analyze problems and alternatives and develop sound conclusions and recommendations
- Perform business and functional analyses and reach sound conclusions regarding customer requirements and efficient, cost-effective solutions.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Maintains the integrity of the company and products offered by complying with federal and state regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Learn all internal business applications to efficiently leverage the internal data to address business questions.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Documentation in form of internal wiki or other standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Should have strong database background with 3-5 years of experience with excellent query skills
- Should have excellent knowledge of BI toolsets (Microsoft Stack preferred)
- Must keep up to date with industry best practices and latest trends in BI & Analytics and incorporate them into the methodology at Heritage Insurance.
- Must be willing to work outside the normal scope of business hours
- Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals and other documentation.
- Working knowledge of system analysis, design, testing, software configuration and troubleshooting techniques.
- This position is based within an assigned region; travel throughout the region is required with occasional travel to locations beyond the assigned region.