What You Will Do:
Primarily responsible for managing teams and projects strategically aligned to the organization’s goals for Safety, Quality, Patient Experience, Diversity and Inclusion, and other key system-wide strategic, regulatory, and performance improvement initiatives, acting as a liaison between the business owners and technical associates/vendors. The position is responsible for synthesizing and interpreting clinical and administrative data, evaluating trends and statistical significance, developing expertise and ownership of specific measure definitions and datasets, and uses software and query skills to help define and promote high quality, cost effective patient care, and to improve performance on the Organizational goals for Safety, Quality, and Experience. This position participates on many teams and works closely with technical teams to facilitate and drive efficient data mining, analysis, and system-wide reporting. The Business Intelligence Consultant serves as an expert resource across the system on Safety, Quality, Patient Experience measures and reporting and participates in developing relevant performance improvement strategies. This position provides training and education to junior members of the tea m and throughout the system.
- Effectively communicates with and responds to customers, team members, leaders and senior executives to provide in-depth, thoughtful analyses, consultation, and knowledge transfer.
- Manages the project life cycle of corporate projects related to data and reporting by leading design sessions, monitoring project status, establishing timelines for completion, managing project task dependencies, and coordinating release to production.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly and independently learn and adopt new software tools and query data systems (data warehouse or other database and reporting systems).
- For executive level reporting, creates concise summaries of key report conclusions and translates analyses and visualizations into understandable, practical, and actionable recommendations.
- Analyzes and interprets administrative data, clinical data, and government quality data and measures, and appropriately applies statistical methods (measure of central tendency, confidence intervals, correlation, percentiles, regression).
- Conducts what-if and impact analyses to inform measure definition, or program effectiveness studies to guide the strategic and operational decisions of key stakeholders.
- Acts as primary contact for assigned vendors, coordinating their work, managing data and analytic projects to completion within the scope of the contract, managing statistical software contracts.
- Assumes leadership roles and actively participates on committees, councils, task forces, or work groups. Leads groups related to analytic projects.
- Triages customer questions by processing, referring, or escalating to the appropriate individuals, identifies and mitigates roadblocks and barriers to successful project implementation.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining current knowledge of government regulations, policies, and trends that affect the health care industry, and independently conducts online research to access documents, pertinent regulations, or to access publicly available datasets
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Business Administration or Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Economics or Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Health Informatics or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in databases and querying.
- Experience working with decision support systems or databases.
- Competent ability to create queries in SQL or other query languages/systems.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
- Proficient with MS-Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Desire to learn with strong intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead teams on complex projects.
- Ability to work independently for project completion with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, ability to problem solve, and is results oriented.
- Demonstrates political sensitivity.
- Competent application of performance improvement principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team.
- Customer service orientation.
- Understanding of data warehousing and experience with large data sets.