This role works with business partners in all branches of the Company to align technology solutions with business strategies. This individual identifies and communicates business needs and translates these needs into understandable requirements; determines if internal or external solutions exist or whether new solutions are needed; determines if these solutions impact existing work processes and systems as well as ensures proper integrations.
The BI Business Systems Analyst will be responsible to support business partners in resolving issues that arise from day-to-day operational activities. They will assist business team by facilitating coverage for ad-hoc requests and help in resolving in any data related issues. The role will plan and manage their work load, commitments and schedules. This person will be expected to maintain awareness of significant trends in software and hardware technology and methods, while adapting best practices to drive continuous improvement. This person may need to be available after hours to support business tasks and work with offshore partners. They will contribute to test planning and quality assurance processes, training, change management documentations as well as support post-launch change management efforts. They will work with support teams to identify and isolate data issues, log support cases, communicating the progress to the business partners in the resolution process for any software related issues. The role work with various technical teams to coordinate with business teams to plan/schedule any regular maintenance tasks and upgrade/implementations tasks.
- Communication: Collaborate with IT project team members and business partners to understand and analyze business requirements and processes. Experienced with capturing business processes and functional requirements using standard requirement & modeling techniques.
- Adaptability: Possesses the ability to balance and align focus based on the business objectives of all stakeholders at a project level, while managing expectations and internal customer commitments.
- Problem solving: Is able to identify practical solutions to business issues and problems. Can evaluate business solutions to determine ability to meet all stakeholder needs within project boundaries. Is able to diagnose root causes of business issues, problems and potential opportunities and develop process and functional solutions.
- Business acumen: Is able to formulate probing questions to elicit business knowledge from the stakeholders. Has practical knowledge in the functional area being impacted by the project, or has the ability to quickly acquire a solid understanding. Demonstrates a broad understanding of the retail value chain, accounting principles and industry applications. Understands how core processes deliver value and meet the organization’s defined business objectives.
- Financial Knowledge: Has the ability to understand the financial impact of a project or support process on the organization’s bottom-line. Able to quantify costs, savings and risks for a given project, feature or change request. Has the ability to perform and present cost/benefit and risk analysis and identify potential trade-offs of competing solutions.
- Program/Project Process and Data Management expertise: Is able to estimate Business Analyst tasks / activities. Is able to determine project areas where BA resources are needed and what BA activities need to be provided. Has a general understanding of Change Management concepts, tools and techniques. Has a general understanding of Business Process Management concepts, tools and techniques. Is able to meet project scheduledeadlines.
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience with Retail-specific Business Intelligence, data management & provisioning, and business systems analysis.
- Six Sigma, Lean or other business process improvement training or education looked upon favorably.
- Experience and deep familiarity with MicroStrategy’s enterprise platform; including metric (and other dependent objects) creation, report/document/dashboard/visualization development & scheduling, and application administration.
- Strong presentation skills and orientation to detail.
- Familiarity with managing & manipulating large files, file transfers (including 3rd party systems) & loading, navigating a backend server platform.
- Proficiency to write effective SQL queries to investigate and resolve data issues.
- A highly-motivated attitude as a team player and self-starter.
- The unique ability to solve organizational problems.
- Time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio (or alternate process flow tool), and advanced Excel.
- Experienceand good understanding in one or more of following areas:
- Retail Brick & Mortar/Ecommerce
- Planning/Allocation methodologies and practices
- Multi-channelbusiness models
- CRM (and outbound marketing applications and processes
- Workingexperience with Oracledatabases, IBM’s Pure Data platform (i.e. Netezza), PL/SQL procedures,Windowsscriptingand SQL server.
- Otherscriptinglanguages: Unix Script, Java Script, VBScript are desirable.
- Knowledge of PCI compliance is plus.