Information Builders'(IB) Professional Services organization has developed a Property and Casuality BI framework which consists of pre built building blocks, including an Insurance specific Enterprise Data Model, an analytical BI reporting application and prebuilt ETL subsystems/frameworks mapping to client source systems. These prebuilt building blocks have been developed utilizing IB technology stack, namely WebFocus and Data Migrator.
We are seeking a BI Architect, with strong Property & Causality background to work closely with our customers to implement and deploy IB’s Insurance Performance Foundation (IPF) solution.
While knowledge of our tools is not required for consideration, strong knowledge of competitive products (including architecture, design, and development experience) is expected. The BI Architect candidate will also possess a strong data management and star schema design background conversant with the leading SQL/Relational database management vendors.
He/she must be effective in presales and other client situations, including technical and business presentations. He/she must be able to spot and identify core business issues, envision and architect appropriate solutions, and communicate these solutions effectively to the client, Information Builders delivery teams, and Information Builders management. He/she must have the technical understanding to architect solutions using all of Information Builders capabilities and to integrate these solutions into application design, development, and deployment plans. The BI Architect must be capable of working independently without supervision. He/she must be capable of playing crucial roles in the selling, scoping and design of small to mid to size projects of critical importance to the Division. The BI Architect should be able to both recognize and help exploit business opportunities and be actively involved in business development. his experience should translate to the visioning and architecting of solutions consistent with and supporting the plans for the projects on which they are involved. The BI Architect is responsible for customer satisfaction and the development of long-term customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify core business issues leveraging his/her SME experience in P&C industry and envision/architect solutions adapting the IPF framework where appropriate, and communicate these solutions effectively to the client.
- Must have the technical understanding to architect solutions using all of Information Builders capabilities and to integrate these solutions into application design, development, and deployment plans.
- Provide design and application development expertise in the implementation and deployment of IPF within client sites
- Strong data management skills across relational/SQL DBMS’s vendors (DB2, Oracle, SQL/Server, etc.).
- Demonstrate proficiency with multiple operating systems.
- Must be willing and able to travel as necessary.
- Must be well groomed and dress in neat, professional business attire.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Work background should include experience in a technical consulting or engineering environment.
- A minimum of (5) years previous experience in a position involving application development and maintenance in the Property&Causality industry.
- A minimum of three (3) years in Database Architecture and Database Design.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working with WebFOCUS or another high level BI tool.
- Experience with Security interfaces, configuration options, and APIs.
- Familiarity with Java.
- Ability to write solid documentation that supports the coding and project management effort.
- Experience in applying project management principles via formal methodology, and using the associated tools and techniques.
- Sound customer relations skills and the ability to work with demanding clients.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write technical proposals and reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and convincing manner both singly and in group presentations.
- Ability to define problems and solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to abstract problems and create meaningful tests and proofs of concepts.
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.