- Delivers complex interactive reports, dashboards, and data stories using data visualization tools like SAP BOBJ (Business Objects), Tableau, Power BI, or other
- Works proactively with business process owners and subject-matter experts to elicit requirements for new business intelligence and analytics solutions and understand business needs, current technical environment, and skills available to recommend best-fit data visualization and tools/platforms
- Implements new BI and analytics technology applications across all functional areas ensuring user adoption and satisfaction
- Gathers business requirements from the business on BI and data analytics projects
- Documents solution requirements in appropriate forms (e.g., use cases and user stories) including existing and future BI applications
- Documents and evaluates alternative development approaches and techniques, sometimes by creating prototypes based upon stakeholder requirements in order to confirm design assumptions, and iteratively refine the outcome
- Uses expertise in business intelligence tools and data warehousing technologies to implement designed solutions using a combination of coding, scripting, integration, configuration, and data visualization techniques.
- Participates in the execution of software development lifecycle processes (deployment, testing, debugging, maintenance, etc.) in use in the development organization, and helps to align them with lifecycle processes used in other, more traditional code-based development environments.
- Collaborates with developers, users, and outside stakeholders to build solutions in a team environment.
This position is available as an Aerospace Corporation Staff III or IV.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university
- Experience in one or more of the following platforms, tools, or technologies such as SAP Business Warehouse, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Qlik or other similar business intelligence tools
- Experience in modern business intelligence and analytics project development processes, lifecycles, and supporting tools (e.g. collaboration environment, configuration management tools, continuous integration tools, automated testing)
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Six or more years relevant experience including relevant advanced degree programs
- Minimum 3+ years hands-on experience developing BI reporting, dashboards, and/or data visualization solutions
- Ability to interact with users, customers, and other stakeholders to understand and document their business intelligence needs
- Strong collaboration skills, both technical and non-technical
- Must be able to learn and adopt new technologies, techniques, and processes quickly
- Good understanding of business processes
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work withotherinternal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Must possess time management and project management skills
- Good understanding of BI data architecture such as ETL, data modeling, and data marts
- Good understanding of project management concepts.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Experienceworking withSAP BW and SAP BOBJ
- Knowledge of SAP ECC (FI, CO, MM, PS, other) data models
- MS Project
- Office 365
Qualifications for Staff IV
The requirements above apply and eight or more years relevant experience including relevant advanced degree programs is required
Requisition ID: 29941